Prayer for Peace – in aid of Choose Love


SKU: N/A Category:


Prayer for Peace, Virtual Choir project, raising funds for Choose Love

This is my prayer, my prayer for peace, may the gunfire and fighting cease
May the darkness turn to light, may there be peace on earth tonight

Songwriter and conductor Hannah Brine has collaborated with poet Jessica Boatright to create a new choral piece ‘Prayer for Peace’.

“We’ve composed a song for peace, which carries a message of hope, unity, and compassion. With every note, we aim to raise not just funds but voices, standing in solidarity with those who need it most. Together, let’s support the Choose Love charity and create a virtual choir for change.” 🎵💙 #MusicForChange #ChooseLove 

We hope this project will:

  • raise awareness of the work of Choose Love
  • raise vital funds for Choose Love
  • provide a community space for those who wish to take part


Rehearsals will be via zoom on Thursday 23rd and Sunday 26th November from 7pm to 8pm , with our virtual choir video being released by mid-December.  You will need to download the Zoom app to either your computer or phone. You will receive the link via email. 

You don’t need to be at both rehearsals if you are an experienced singer. However, we do want to make sure everyone feels confident to be able to record and submit their final videos, so advise being able to give adequate time to prepare yourself.

Who can take part? 

This is for anyone who would like to sing and add their voice.  There will be rehearsal tracks available to help you learn your part, and the song is fairly simple.

How to book

Sign up by choosing your contribution below  – we ask for a suggested donation of £20, or more if you are able. 75% of all the costs will go directly to CHOOSE LOVE , with the remaining 25% being used for the production costs of our virtual choir video.

Submitting your video

Once you feel comfortable, record your video at home – you can use your laptop, or your phone. More details on this will be available nearer the time. The deadline for recording submissions will be 10pm on Friday 1st December. 

About Hannah Brine?
Hannah is a choral director and songwriter. During the pandemic we found virtual choirs a great way to stay in touch and keep connected  – you can watch Earth Prayer and Ubi Caritas below. 

About Jessica Boatright
Jessica Boatright (she/her) is a writer based in the East Midlands. Her poetry has been spotted in publications such as Visual Verse, Marble and Sarasvati Magazine alongside in anthologies such as ‘The Mountains You Cannot See’ and ‘Through The Locking Glass’ and in the second Hot Poets COP28 poetry-film. Jessica is the founder of Raising The Fifth (previously the Un(Mother) Project), giving a creative voice to people without children. She was the recipient of an ‘Artist Respond’ award with St Hugh’s Foundation for the Arts in 2023.”


Additional information


£20, £25, £30, £40, £50, £60, £70, £80, £90, £100

Event Details

Date: November 23, 2023

Start time: 19:00

End time: 20:00

Back to top